For many, gaining a sister in law is like gaining a new sister, especially for those that don’t have a sister or other siblings. The new relationship can add a new, special and unique addition to a family. Several in-laws will say a new sister-in-law becomes an instant and important member of your family, bringing more love, laughs, and memories, especially during birthdays and holidays. When her birthday comes around, make her feel special with a fun and loving happy birthday sister in law message.
Benefits of Loving Your Sister-in-Law
In the right situation, she can become an instant best friend. The relationship should be built on an honest foundation from the start, showing support for the new relationship and making her comfortable when joining the new family. Sending the perfect message can show her your commitment to building a bond or continuing to build a happy, healthy sibling relationship. There is so much to gain from forming a loving relationship with her.
1. A New Confidant
For those that do not have a sister, a relationship with their sister, or just need another new friend, a sister in law can be a great listening ear. In fact, it can work both ways so she also feels comfortable sharing any issues or concerns that may arise in the marriage with her sibling without feeling judged.
2. The Relationship Is By Choice
As the saying goes, “We can’t pick our family, but we can pick our friends,” a sister in law is married into the family, and one would think that means the relationship isn’t optional, but it actually is. If you or your sister in law wanted the relationship to be just cordial, it could be. If you both decided to pursue a close relationship as siblings-in-law, you know it’s because the effort was put in by both of you—not simply because you are suddenly related.
3. Honest And Direct Feedback
Not all in-laws are intimidated by the family they marry into. Your sister-in-law could definitely be one of those people. If so, she’d be willing to share her honest and direct feedback regarding any issues you may be having in life, including those directly related to your family.
Celebration & Gift Ideas
Who doesn’t love a great gift and party, especially when it’s just for them? Even if your sister-in-law is a person that doesn’t like the spotlight on her, she may still appreciate the thought and time it took to find the perfect gift and put together a birthday celebration in her honor.
1. Determine Who She Is And What She Likes
Is your sister-in-law a homeowner or renter? Is she a current college student or a graduate? Does she like nights out or in? What’s her favorite food or music? These are practical examples of questions to ask to help determine the gift that fits her and one she can use.
2. What Does She Need?
Have you ever heard her complain about something? Maybe it’s constant back or neck pain or needing a pedicure or manicure? Listen for clues, and use them as ideas to purchase a gift that could create a solution for a problem she may be having.
3. Thoughtful Gestures
If you’re willing to take some time from your own life, offering her a day or night off by babysitting for her is an idea. She can then focus on herself or even go on a date with her partner, giving her a chance to do something kid-free and recharge.
4. Check Social Media
Sometimes social media really has all the answers (or at least it feels like it). Doing a little snooping on your sister-in-law’s social media could provide you with the answers you may need to find the perfect gift for her.
5. Past Memories
What fun things did your sister-in-law used to love? Ask her siblings, parents, or friends what were some of her favorite pastimes. Use those as ideas to give her a gift that will bring back awesome memories.
So what are some great celebration or gift ideas?
1. Birthday Party
Think about a fun and interesting theme that will grab the attention of your guests and get your sister-in-law excited. Was she born in the 70s or 80s? The 70s or 80s-themed party with costumes to match can be a great time. Does she like animals, have a favorite color, or television show? Think of things that she loves, and decide the best fit for her themed party.
2. Dinner Party
Sometimes a small or catered dinner with close friends and family is the best way to celebrate your sister-in-law’s birthday. Think of thoughtful gestures that can be done at the dinner, like kind words or special gifts, to make the dinner unique and fun.
Gift Ideas For Your Sister In Law
- Good quality wallet or purse
- Favorite perfume
- A Fitbit, Apple Watch, or regular watch
- Home décor, like indoor plants, pieces of furniture, or decorations
- A gift card or certificate to a nail or hair salon, massage therapist, or spa
- Makeup or makeup sets, including brushes
- Jewelry, including something personalized
- Pictures or posters for hanging
- Inspirational or tagline mug
- Kitchen tools
40 Happy Birthday Sister in Law Wishes
A happy birthday sister in law message can go a long way. It’s exciting to know someone really took the time to celebrate you, especially if you are the newest member of the family. A special message just for her can make her feel like you and the family are not only invested in the relationship that made her a member of the family but are also grateful for her. So, what are some funny, beautiful, and heartfelt messages to say?
As much as they try, these candles will never shine as brightly as you do, dear Sister-In-Law!
Your presence in our family is a treasured gift. Wishing you many new cherished memories on your big day!
One of the most fabulous surprises that life has given me is you, my dear sister-in-law! Congratulations on your day, may it be fantastic!
Today is your moment, I hope it goes without flaw, for you are one of our own.
Another year well-lived! Thanks for giving the family another good reason to throw a big party!
When my brother brought home his bride, who knew that she would become the family’s pride? Happy birthday to my sister-in-law who we are all very proud of.
The votes are in! You’re the true life of the party! I’m so proud to be able to claim you as a member of my family!
You deserve this day of love & uplifting celebration! We are all so grateful to have you in our family today and every day of the year!
Thanks for making life filled with joy and positivity, dear sister-in-law. Many happy returns of the day.
I am thankful to have you as my sister-in-law. You bring happiness and joy to people around you. I hope the coming year is filled with love and joy.
We think you are sweeter than candy, so today we celebrate the vibrant color you bring to our family!
To an Amazing Sister-in-Law, I hope this year’s celebration reaches new heights of happiness, and is filled with laughter, love and all the people you care about.
If I had the chance to choose a sister-in-law I would choose no other than you!
From the party to the presents to the people, I hope it’s a day you’ll never forget!
I hope everything you wish for comes true, and that the year ahead brings all wonderful things your way.
To my sparkling sister-in-law, I hope you’re ready to be spoiled with lots of love and presents today!
It takes all kinds to make a family, and I don’t know what ours would do without your wonderful energy!
To my one and only Bestie and Frenemy. Happy Birthday!
This is the one day a year that you’re encouraged to have your cake AND eat it too! Go ahead and indulge!
To My Wonderful Sister-in-law, Happy Birthday. Tip your hats and hang the streamers! We’re celebrating one of our favorite dreamers!
A loving heart. A caring nature. For the wonderful person you are, I wish you a day you’ll always remember.
Sending along the brightest wishes today as you celebrate another year of being beautiful, wonderful you.
Your bright personality lights up our family’s life! We are thankful to have you around!
May today bring you joy, and may each day that follows be filled with beauty & wonder.
Wishing my amazing sister-in-law a wonderful day filled with smiles and laughter.
You make every day brighter with your smile! I hope you’re treated to all the sweetest surprises, today & always.
Wishing you the biggest, brightest, most fabulous celebration! Nobody deserves it as much as you.
Sending loving thoughts your way and hoping your day is full of the most beautiful & special moments.
May your day be bright, your gifts be plenty & may all your wishes come true in the year ahead.
You are the most beautiful addition and the happiest blessing to our family. I am so lucky to have you in our family.
- “Happy Birthday. Wishing my amazing sister-in-law a wonderful day filled with smiles and laughter.”
- “When it comes to sisters-in-law, you are the best. You’re always so generous with your blessings, your time, and your affection for the little ones. Thank you for being the awesome sister-in-law that you are. I’m so glad that my children have you as a role model. Happiest birthday, my sweet!”
- “I hope that your birthday brings you everything that your heart desires. May it be a day full of beautiful surprises and amazing discoveries. Happy birthday to a fabulous sister-in-law!”
- “Happy birthday to my wonderful sister-in-law. I just want to thank you for being a real sister to me and for allowing me to spend time with your cute kids. Thank you for taking care of my brother and my nieces. Hope you have the best birthday ever.”
- “I want you to know just how blessed my life has become since you came. Thank you for being such a delightful sister-in-law. I don’t know what I’d do without all your help. Happiest birthday, sister-in-law!”
- “Family gatherings are more exciting now because I know that you will be there, and you will keep me entertained the whole night through. Thank you for being such a joy to be around. I hope you have the best birthday because no one deserves it more than you! Happy birthday, sister-in-law!”
- “I wish you more love, more luck, and more healthy years. We may not have picked each other as friends, but I’m so glad that life brought us together to be sisters! Happy birthday to my favorite sister-in-law.”
- “Happy Birthday to an Awesome Sister-in-law. Wishing you the biggest, brightest, most fabulous celebration! Nobody deserves it as much as you.”
- “Happy Birthday, Sister-in-law. The votes are in! You’re the true life of the party! I’m so proud to be able to claim you as a member of my family!”
- “Thank God that I have a sister-in-law like you who tells me all the dark secrets of her brother. Otherwise, I wonder how I would tease and taunt my husband. Happy birthday.”
How Should You Send a Message?
Now that you’ve figured out some great wishes for your sister-in-law’s birthday, where should you send the message? Depending on your relationship and the type of person she is will determine the best avenue to take when sending your birthday wishes.
1. Social Media
Social media is the obvious choice for many when sending birthday wishes. It’s important to remember that not everyone uses social media, and if they have a profile, they may not always check it. Also, depending on the closeness of the relationship, some people may not think social media is personal enough, and for many, a personal touch is extremely important when it comes to birthdays. If social media is an option, make it personal with ideas like pictures of you and your sister-in-law, inside jokes or memes, or GIFs to accompany your birthday message.
2. Birthday Card or E-card
Some people love birthday cards so adding your message to a card could be the perfect touch for her. The card should be one that your sister-in-law can relate to or even one that fits your relationship with her.
3. Face- to-Face Or Phone
Sometimes a good old-fashioned face-to-face meeting or phone call is the best way to deliver your perfect happy birthday sister in law message.
A sister-in-law can be a gift to you and your family. It’s a relationship that should be treasured, and celebrating her on a day that is all about her is a great way to do so. Show her she’s loved and cherished with a heartfelt message. Help make her day the best by saying happy birthday sister in law with good wishes.