Planning a birthday party doesn't have to be difficult; it can be a fun process for you and all those involved in the planning. It starts by going through birthday party ideas to see what fits the person you're celebrating, whether it's you or someone else. Kids' birthday parties will be different from parties for teenagers or adults. With some thoughtful consideration and planning, you can have a great party for whoever you're celebrating.
Planning a Birthday Party
Before reviewing birthday party ideas, start by answering preliminary questions to help you in the rest of the planning process.
- BEST SELLING DRIED FRUIT AND NUTS GIFT ARRANGMENT: WOW your guests with our signature Oh! Nuts Gift box filled to the brim with "12" varieties of healthy goodies. The lidded container is features an assortment of twelve HIGH-QUALITY GRADE A DRIED FRUITS AND NUTS. Replace the traditional candy, chocolates, and baked goods with healthier, trendier vegan treats. PRESENT A GIFT THAT LEAVES A MEMORABLE IMPRESSION.
- FESTIVE FRUITS BURSTING WITH UNIQUE FLAVOR: You and your family will love to snack on this gourmet sampler of sweet chewy and crunchy goodness. Included are kiwi tidbits, papaya bites, royal dates, dried pears, raisins, plump apricots, dried summer plums and peaches, exotic pineapple, apple rings, heart-healthy pistachios and premium roasted almonds.
- SPEND YOUR CHRISTMAS MOVIE NIGHT INDULGING IN POPPING FLAVORS: The Oh! Nuts sweet dried fruits are healthy and incredibly difficult to resist and the savory nuts are loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This remarkable blend of flavors forms a gift presentation that’s appealing to the eyes as well as the palate.
- SAY THANK YOU WITH THESE YUMMY SNACKS: Whether you are looking to show appreciation to your grandfather or grandmother, to your hostess or coworkers, him or her, the Oh! Nuts deluxe baskets bring joy and fun to every party. These dried fruit nuts are OK Certified Kosher, non-Dairy, and pair perfectly with meats, cheeses, spicy hors d'oeuvres, red wines, and microbrews.
- Amply filled Gift Basket chock-full of healthy snacks makes this a great health-conscious Holiday gift – corporate or personal gift-giving done nutritionally sound this Holiday season
Birthday Party Ideas for Kids
There are a lot of birthday party ideas for kids. No matter what you choose, make sure it's filled with fun for a memorable event.
Costumes aren't just for Halloween. Have your guests wear costumes and have ballots for votes. You can award the winners with prizes. You can also ask guests to dress in a certain theme (like the 80s, princesses, and cowboys).
If your child loves a certain superhero, have a themed party celebrating their favorite hero. Plates, cups, napkins, and tablecloths can match the theme and colors of the superhero. For entertainment, groups of guests can act out a scene from the story, or you could even have the movie or cartoon play in the background.
Picnics are a great affordable way to throw a birthday party. Plus, you'll have plenty of room for relay races, hide-and-seek, and a variety of other games and sports. Be sure to have a backup plan in the event of rain or bad weather.
Children love learning about animals. Zoos provide all the entertainment you'll need to keep guests busy and happy. Call ahead for discounted group tickets or party packages. Speak to the zoo personnel to see if you're allowed to bring outside food or drinks.
A makeup party could include lots of eyeshadow palettes, lip glosses, glitter, and applicator brushes so the children can put makeup on each other. Make it complete with dress-up elements like tiaras and feather boas for fun photos after everyone is made up.
Choose your child's favorite sport and have your party in the park so the kids can play. Make sure someone is there as a referee; someone who understands the game and rules to keep things fair for both teams.
Have your guests dress up in costumes or dresses for an elegant tea party in your backyard. Make sure you have flowers and pretty elements like cloth napkins, real silverware, teacups, and saucers. For the menu, think of fancy finger foods like mini sandwiches and scones.
Arts and Crafts Party
Purchase arts and crafts supplies for making jewelry, painting, and more. Have a lot of supplies so the kids can personalize their work of art. It will provide hours of entertainment and guests will have something to take home.
Image from Flickr.com, via Loren Javier
Have a poolside party with leis for the guests and encourage them to wear a Hawaiian shirt. Serve up burgers and hot dogs, but make it fun with toppings and condiments like sweet-and-sour sauce and pineapple salsa. The pool can serve as entertainment.
- TOP QUALITY 14K GOLD FOIL HAPPY BIRTHDAY - How would you like having a 14K Gold Leaf glass that features a unique golden design, and provides you with incomparable flavor satisfaction? These amazing glasses are ideal for all your liquors, wines, cocktails or other libations. No Vinyl, Decals or Stickers – Each stemless wine glass is meticulously handmade, and the gold designs are applied by hand and fused at high temperature to the glass permanently.
- FOR EVERY SPECIAL OCCASION. Pouring a drink with friends and family is a tradition since the dawn of time. How would you like having a drinking 19oz stemless wine glass that features a unique handmade gold foil Happy Birthday design, and provides you with incomparable flavor satisfaction? You will find that your gold glasses will be the envy of friends and family and make your special occasions truly Fine!
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ANYBODY. If you're in the market for a thoughtful and elegant gift, look no further! No matter the occasion - birthdays, holidays, weddings, graduations, anything - these beautifully crafted golden stemless wine glasses are ideal! Perfect for an anniversary, housewarming, Christmas present, Xmas stocking stuffer, kitchen gifts, wedding and engagement gifts, bachelor/bachelorette party and more.
- 100% LEAD FREE & PERFECTLY SAFE. Unlike traditional crystal, our entire drinkware range is beautifully crafted from 100% non-leaded BPA Free crystal while still having that crystal-clear clarity. Thus, allowing you to safely enjoy your best drink and savor every sip. This stylish glassware is also durable and is in order to preserve that shiny golden design we recommend hand washing them!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. No-questions-asked, no hassle guarantee. At Fine Occasion, we have absolute faith in our drinkware. These stemless wine glasses are fantastic, but if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, you may return the item for a full refund or replacement. So click the “Add to Cart” button now and enjoy a pleasurable drinking experience!
- BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT For Wife, Birthday gift for Husband, fiancee, boyfriend, girlfriend, mother, father, brother or sister, or even your boss or co-worker! GREAT MILESTONE GIFT for any adult age!, for an 18 years old birthday gift, 21 years old birthday, 30 years old birthday , 40 years old birthday, 50 years old birthday, 60 years old birthday, 70 years old birthday, even 100 years birthday!
- MAKES AN EXCELLENT WELL THOUGHT OUT SMALL GIFT. It is a keepsake that your gift recipient can carry with them in their pocket to remember how special they are to you and how much you love them, or place on their nightstand, or fireplace mantle. It can be displayed on their desk at home or at work. This is a memorable item that will make a lasting impression and remind them of your love and how much you mean to them every time they see or touch it!
- AT CHECKOUT, YOU CAN SEND DIRECTLY TO YOUR RECIPIENT ADDRESS AS A GIFT! Affordable price under 20 dollars lets you add amazon gift wrapping at checkout! Your gift recipient will say, "Awww, that is so sweet!
- A SOPHISTICATED BIRTHDAY DECORATION, IT IS A FOREVER KEEPSAKE WITH A HEARTFELT EVERLASTING BEAUTIFUL POLISHED ENGRAVED STONE with golden writing.
- IT IS SMALL ENOUGH TO BE HELD IN HIS OR HER POCKET, and big enough that It can be placed flat or you can lean it against any object! It's engraved and the engraving is then hand painted in a golden hue. The polished glassy stone will reflect a perfect amount of light to see the beautiful lovely message, whether it is oriented to lay flat or if its leaned againt another object.
Birthday Party Ideas for Adults
Some parties are just for food and good conversations, but why stop there? These birthday party ideas can liven up the event and make it fun.
Image from Flickr.com, via Presidio of Monterey
Ask guests to dress up in a costume of a specific decade, like the 20s, 60s, 80s or 90s. Play music from that decade and serve popular foods from that period to make it authentic.
Wine and Cheese Tasting Party
Get a variety of cheeses, including those that are not common, and several types of wine. Serve on large cheeseboards with markers to identify the different cheeses.
Tapas are all the rage. Serve a variety of appetizers and small bites. For a potluck-type event, ask guests to bring mini-bites that everyone can taste, and the recipe so it can be shared with guests. You can also have ballots for voting and prizes for the winning bite of the evening.
Image from Flickr.com, via Jared eberhardt
This can be loads of fun for the right group. You can purchase an inexpensive karaoke machine online and load it with your favorite songs. Take votes and have a prize ready for the best performance. Make sure you load it with duets!
Sporting Event Party
Image from Flickr.com, via Sports Traveler
Attending a sporting event, such as a football or baseball game, could be a party in itself. Make it fun by bringing Happy Birthday posters or dressing silly for the event.
Image from Flickr.com, via Sports Traveler
Wine and painting parties have become very popular. Find a local art studio that offers painting classes for groups. It's a fun activity, and your guests will have a piece of art to take home.
These birthday party ideas are just a few out of hundreds. Be creative to find the right theme for your birthday party. Mash-up different birthday party ideas to come up with the perfect one. No matter what you choose, consider the person you're celebrating and make sure it reflects who they are as a person so you can craft a memorable, fun-filled event.