”Happy Birthday Cousin!” That’s a card you don’t often see. We may take it for granted that our immediate family members remember our special day, but what about cousins? Don’t you feel extra special when you receive birthday greetings from a person you don’t expect?
Hopefully, most of us send birthday wishes to our mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparents, and children. However, cousins are family, too! A cousin is actually defined as “a person belonging to the same extended family,” and many of us have fond (and maybe some not so fond) childhood memories of our cousins.
There are many ways to say “Happy Birthday Cousin,” and we will help you find the perfect message for your special family member. The quickest communication these days is through email or social media, but you can also do it old-school and send a card through the mail. Whether the message you want to send is humorous, cheerful, affectionate, teasing or uplifting, we have compiled a list of avenues to send your birthday greetings. We’ve also put together categories for you to fit the various circumstances of your cousin’s birthday. As with all relatives, it’s good to keep your greetings personal, positive and upbeat.
Where Can You Find Happy Birthday Cousin Wishes?
Any search on Google for “Happy Birthday Cousin” will yield dozens of websites with quotes, wishes, GIF’s, images, images with quotes, quotes with GIFs and animated cards. You can copy and paste these messages and images and then post them on your cousin’s social media page, or send them in an email. Animated GIFs can be found on sites like Tenor or Giphy. You can copy and paste most GIFs into the body of an email. If you choose to send an animated card, you can visit websites such as Blue Mountain (which is free) or Jacquie Lawson, which requires a membership and fee. The wide variety of fee-based animated cards are usually customizable and accompanied by music. These animated cards are always a special treat if you can drop a few dollars.
Happy birthday to the best cousin of all time. I hope for happiness, health and prosperity for you today and every single day to come. Life isn’t always easy, but it sure is better having you by my side.
Happy birthday, to my super cousin. May this day be bright and encouraging, and may the year ahead bring light for your path ahead. Keep the faith no matter what, and keep walking forward. Lots of love
Over the years, we’ve shared secrets, adventures, heartbreak, and laughter. Simply put, I don’t know what I would do without you. Happy birthday, to the best cousin in the world.
Today on your birthday, cousin, I hope you achieve all that your heart desires. You are one of my favorite people in the world, and I cannot wait to celebrate you on this amazing day. All the best!
The happiest of birthdays to a cousin who is fantastic, both inside and out. You always light up the room with your smile and I hope that you have a truly amazing day, you deserve it more than anyone.
Sending warm birthday wishes to a cousin that deserves the world. I hope that today is filled with happiness, fun and laughter. I truly wish that your birthday is half as wonderful as you are.
I am extremely proud to have a cousin like you. You have always been so compassionate, considerate and caring. I love reminiscing on our amazing memories together. I can’t wait to give you a warm birthday hug.
To my remarkable cousin – happy birthday! I have always looked up to you and you are an amazing example to everyone around you. I feel privileged to know you and call you family.
Wishing the happiest birthday, to my favorite cousin. Thank you for always being there. I’m so thankful to have you in my life.
Happy birthday, to the cousin who has always stood by me, through thick and thin. The bond we share is something truly special.
A cousin is someone who always offers a shoulder to cry on, and always laughs at my jokes—even when they’re not that funny. I’m so thankful for you. Happy birthday!
I am so incredibly lucky to have you as a cousin. Best wishes on your birthday, you are truly a spectacular human being and I always cherish each moment spent with you.
There’s a special place in my heart for a cousin as sweet and wonderful as you. Thank you for all of the fantastic memories. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday to an amazing cousin. I am so grateful for you and all that you do. You are a fantastic person and such a caring family member to have. I hope that today all of your hopes and dreams become a reality.
May your year be merry. May your heart be full. And may your birthday be sweet as a strawberry pie! Happy birthday, to my cousin.
Happy birthday, to a truly special and beautiful soul. Life is so much sweeter with a cousin like you.
The candles are lit, the cake is frosted, and the wishes have all been made. Now it’s time to PARTY! Happy birthday, to the world’s best cousin.
A cousin is someone who holds all your secrets and never lets you down. Happy birthday, to the best cousin anyone could ask for.
Every day is a gift with a cousin as cool as you. Happy birthday! May all of your wishes come true today and every day.
There is no one more special than a cousin. A cousin is a friend for life. Happy birthday! Thank you for always being there.
A cousin is a cherished friend who never lets you down. Happy birthday, to a sweet and caring cousin.
To my cousin, on your birthday: It’s been such a blast growing up with you. Here’s to so many more birthdays to come. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday, to my cousin, who is always filled with the best advice and the loudest laughter. You make every day so much fun.
Happy birthday, to the best cousin in the galaxy! Thank you for a lifetime of lasting and precious memories. Here’s to so many more.
A cousin is someone who never forgets to call you back, and knows the words to all your favorite songs. Happy birthday, to my cousin and best friend!
To my cousin: We have always shared a very special bond, just like siblings. I’m so thankful that you’ve always been there for me. Happy birthday!
My world is a whole lot brighter because I have a cousin like you. Happy birthday!
To my cousin on your birthday: May all of your brightest dreams be fulfilled today. You are a truly special part of my life.
Happiest birthday, to my cousin and partner in crime! Here’s to you! You are brilliant, smart, and the best person to party with! Let’s celebrate you!!
Happy birthday, cousin. We have come such a long way, haven’t we? You’ve achieved some pretty awesome success, and I’m really proud of you! Here’s to your awesomeness! All the best.
What Are the Different Types of Happy Birthday Cousin Wishes?
There are almost as many ways to say “Happy Birthday Cousin” as there are types of cousins, but this list of 10 categories should help you narrow it down. We have examples you can customize as you see fit for each category.
A Loving Birthday Greeting
A classic greeting can let your cousin know that he or she is remembered and loved. A couple of good examples would be:
- “I am so grateful to have you in my life. I can never forget how blessed and fortunate I am to have a cousin like you. Happy Birthday, Cousin. I hope your special day is filled with joy and cheer.”
- “There are some bonds that stand the test of time. Ours is one such bond. It’s deep and everlasting. You’ve had a profound effect on my life for the better. Thanks for being a constant source of love.”
Growing up With You
Mentioning memories of a childhood spent together can make a cousin’s birthday greeting very special.
- “During childhood, you were my greatest friend. Even though many birthdays have come and gone since then, our friendship is as strong as ever. Thanks for always sticking by my side. Happy Birthday, Cousin!”
- “During childhood, you were my greatest friend. Even though many birthdays have come and gone since then, our friendship is as strong as ever. Thanks for always sticking by my side.”
I Look Forward to Seeing You
If an upcoming birthday party is part of the festivities, then let your cousin know how excited you are to see him or her!
- “Happy Birthday Cousin! I can’t wait to see you! Wishing you an awesome birthday. Looking forward to an amazing party!”
Does your cousin have something else to celebrate? A new job or a new house? This is a great opportunity to express your congratulations while saying “Happy Birthday Cousin” at the same time.
- “Dear Cousin, as you celebrate yet another milestone in your life, may all your dreams and wishes continue to come true. Happy Birthday to a winner.”
You Are Special
A birthday is the best time of the year to let your cousin know how special he or she is to your family.
- “I don’t know how many times we say this, but you are truly a blessing to this family. Following in your footsteps has lifted us higher. This is just to appreciate you as a friend and an awesome cousin. Happy Birthday to the best cousin ever!”
- “Happy Birthday Cousin! There are some people who always know the words to bring a smile to your face. You are that special person to me! Have a wonderful birthday, and keep shining your beautiful light for all the world to see!
You Are More Than a Cousin
Cousins are more than extended family members. They are friends, and sometimes, they are more like siblings. Take this opportunity to tell them.
- “I know I don’t get time to show or tell you how much you mean to me as a cousin. Allow me to use this day to remind you that you are more than a cousin to me – you are my best friend. Happy Birthday Cousin and Best Friend!”
- “Dear Cousin, you are like a sibling to me, and I want you to know just how special you are. I wish you all the good things you deserve as you celebrate yet another year of your life. Happy Birthday and God bless you.”
I Miss You
Many of us don’t have the opportunity to see our beloved cousins because of the miles separating us, or perhaps years have caused us to drift apart in some way. Say Happy Birthday to your cousin by expressing how much you miss him or her.
- “Though miles separate us and the years have passed, I want to let you know how much you are missed, especially on this day, your birthday. Happiest of Birthdays, Cousin!”
You are My Favorite Cousin
This is a great thing to hear, as long as you are sure you don’t offend other cousins. If this cousin happens to be the closest one you have, then why keep it a secret? Say Happy Birthday to your favorite cousin.
- “You have truly been a source of joy and happiness, and that is why you are my favorite cousin. Lots of love on your birthday!”
You Inspire Me
Let your cousin know how much he or she has inspired you along the way. Did your cousin guide you in high school? Help you over a break-up? Lift you up when you were having a bad week? This is a great time to let him or her know that you remember. Or, if you have watched this cousin grow up to be an amazing individual, let him or her know how proud you are.
- “Your joy and zest for life inspire me to strive to be a better person. May your birthday be filled with wonder and awe. Happy Birthday, Cousin!
- “Dear Cousin, I knew I loved you since the day you were born. I’m so proud of all you’ve done so far in your life, but I’m even prouder of who you’ve become. Happy Birthday!”
Here is your chance to let the humor fly and have fun while doing it. Think back to some hilarious escapade the two of you were involved in. Or, if your cousin has a healthy sense of humor, it’s ok to poke fun at his or her age (Note: it’s only advisable to do this if you are close to the same age!”).
- “Happy Birthday Cousin! Given all of the secrets we have kept from our childhood, we should have won a few Emmy Awards by now.”
- “On your birthday, Cousin, people will tell you not to worry; that you should be carefree. Those people are wrong! At your age, you really should worry and care a lot! It’s time to panic!”
How to Choose the Best Happy Birthday Cousin Wishes
Ask yourself who this person is to you. What do you wish to say? What do you want to focus on? And perhaps most importantly, how has this past year been for your cousin? If it has been a year of loss or transition, a simple, loving and supportive birthday greeting is best. If this has been a year of accomplishments, you can focus on that and offer your congratulations while also offering your birthday greetings. If the two of you share a wicked sense of humor, then by all means, go for the witty greetings.
Cousins are often forgotten during birthdays, so it’s a welcome surprise to receive a birthday greeting from an extended family member. Think back on the memories you share, think about what this person means to you and send a birthday greeting! A card sent via snail mail is always welcome, and you can spend hours perusing the card aisles in grocery stores looking for the perfect sentiment. However, one of the great things about the Internet and social media is that we can now personalize our greetings with our text, or we can spruce them up with GIFs or animation. After all, a birthday is a celebration! “Happy Birthday Cousin” will most certainly come back around to you when it’s your special day.