"Happy Birthday Cousin!" That's a card you don't often see. We may take it for granted that our immediate family members remember our special day, but what about cousins? Don't you feel extra special when you receive birthday greetings from a person you don't expect?
Hopefully, most of us send birthday wishes to our mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparents, and children. However, cousins are family, too! A cousin is actually defined as "a person belonging to the same extended family," and many of us have fond (and maybe some not so fond) childhood memories of our cousins.
There are many ways to say "Happy Birthday Cousin," and we will help you find the perfect message for your special family member. The quickest communication these days is through email or social media, but you can also do it old-school and send a card through the mail. Whether the message you want to send is humorous, cheerful, affectionate, teasing or uplifting, we have compiled a list of avenues to send your birthday greetings. We've also put together categories for you to fit the various circumstances of your cousin's birthday. As with all relatives, it's good to keep your greetings personal, positive and upbeat.
Where Can You Find Happy Birthday Cousin Wishes?
Any search on Google for "Happy Birthday Cousin" will yield dozens of websites with quotes, wishes, GIF's, images, images with quotes, quotes with GIFs and animated cards. You can copy and paste these messages and images and then post them on your cousin's social media page, or send them in an email. Animated GIFs can be found on sites like Tenor or Giphy. You can copy and paste most GIFs into the body of an email. If you choose to send an animated card, you can visit websites such as Blue Mountain (which is free) or Jacquie Lawson, which requires a membership and fee. The wide variety of fee-based animated cards are usually customizable and accompanied by music. These animated cards are always a special treat if you can drop a few dollars.
What Are the Different Types of Happy Birthday Cousin Wishes?
There are almost as many ways to say "Happy Birthday Cousin" as there are types of cousins, but this list of 10 categories should help you narrow it down. We have examples you can customize as you see fit for each category.
A Loving Birthday Greeting
A classic greeting can let your cousin know that he or she is remembered and loved. A couple of good examples would be:
- Comes with Lauhonmin jewelry brand gift bag!ready for giving!
- Double Pendant Cute Nuts Charms Key Chain - Cousin to cousin we will always be a couple of nuts off the family tree
- You will receive Key Chain hand stamped with the words "Cousin to cousin we will always be a couple of nuts off the family tree"
- Stainless steel - Meet rigid safety and non-toxic materials standard ,no distortion, no damp, no rust
- PERFECT GIFT for Family Cousin not just for Birthday Graduation Christmas New Year but for any time of the year .
Growing up With You
Mentioning memories of a childhood spent together can make a cousin's birthday greeting very special.
I Look Forward to Seeing You
If an upcoming birthday party is part of the festivities, then let your cousin know how excited you are to see him or her!
Does your cousin have something else to celebrate? A new job or a new house? This is a great opportunity to express your congratulations while saying "Happy Birthday Cousin" at the same time.
- 2019 Inspirational Graduation Gifts,925 sterling silver tone, copper material,engraved inspirational message"she believed she could so she did".Graduation bracelets,bracelets for students.2019 graduation jewelry,2019 graduation party gifts.
- 1/3" width, 2-1/2" length, bracelet can be adjustable to fit wrists.
- looks elegant, beautiful and high classed.Best Gifts for Women/Her/Mother/Daughter.Best Gifts for students.
- the bracelet is wrapped with a nice velvet pouch.
- Sterling silver plated She believed she could so she did Inspired Hand Stamped 1/4" Brass expandable Cuff bracelet.
You Are Special
A birthday is the best time of the year to let your cousin know how special he or she is to your family.
- Celebrate your cousins with this beautiful piece of jewelry.
- Made of high quality stainless steel , polish finish.
- Chain length: 50CM+5CM;
- EXTREMELY light weight, Hypo-allergenic, will not tarnish
- Sent in branded LParkin Jewelry gift box , Ready for gift giving
You Are More Than a Cousin
Cousins are more than extended family members. They are friends, and sometimes, they are more like siblings. Take this opportunity to tell them.
I Miss You
Many of us don't have the opportunity to see our beloved cousins because of the miles separating us, or perhaps years have caused us to drift apart in some way. Say Happy Birthday to your cousin by expressing how much you miss him or her.
You Inspire Me
Let your cousin know how much he or she has inspired you along the way. Did your cousin guide you in high school? Help you over a break-up? Lift you up when you were having a bad week? This is a great time to let him or her know that you remember. Or, if you have watched this cousin grow up to be an amazing individual, let him or her know how proud you are.
Here is your chance to let the humor fly and have fun while doing it. Think back to some hilarious escapade the two of you were involved in. Or, if your cousin has a healthy sense of humor, it's ok to poke fun at his or her age (Note: it's only advisable to do this if you are close to the same age!").
How to Choose the Best Happy Birthday Cousin Wishes
Ask yourself who this person is to you. What do you wish to say? What do you want to focus on? And perhaps most importantly, how has this past year been for your cousin? If it has been a year of loss or transition, a simple, loving and supportive birthday greeting is best. If this has been a year of accomplishments, you can focus on that and offer your congratulations while also offering your birthday greetings. If the two of you share a wicked sense of humor, then by all means, go for the witty greetings.
Cousins are often forgotten during birthdays, so it's a welcome surprise to receive a birthday greeting from an extended family member. Think back on the memories you share, think about what this person means to you and send a birthday greeting! A card sent via snail mail is always welcome, and you can spend hours perusing the card aisles in grocery stores looking for the perfect sentiment. However, one of the great things about the Internet and social media is that we can now personalize our greetings with our text, or we can spruce them up with GIFs or animation. After all, a birthday is a celebration! "Happy Birthday Cousin" will most certainly come back around to you when it's your special day.