An embroidery machine is a good investment if you want to earn some additional income. Computerized embroidery is such a nice hobby, however, you must be equipped with appropriate supplies. If you love embroidery then you can use this as your business. Embroidery can be seen anywhere even in fashion runways. Some of the leading brands are Singer, Brother, and Janome. These companies have models that are great for home and commercial use. Brother is well known for their high-quality and most innovative products which offer the best software and modern accessories. This trusted brand also offers different types of machines that are suitable for every skill level and budget.
The Singer is another reliable brand that started introducing their products in 1851. They claim that they were the ones who invented the first zig-zag machine, the first portable machine, and the first computerized machine. They are the leading brand when it comes to sewing and embroidery machines. The Singer is well-known for manufacturing machine models which are easy-to-use and are designed for each person’s particular needs.
If you are planning to purchase an embroidery machine as a birthday gift for your mom then you should choose a model that suits your skill level, budget, and projects. In order to help you get started, we will give you embroidery machine reviews with in-depth analysis of each model. Have you ever wondered how to create embroidery? Do you want to add style and creativity to your sewing projects? Are you looking for a machine that has built-in designs or the one which can use downloaded designs? These embroidery machine reviews can help you find the right machine for your needs! Some embroidery machines are good but some are great. But how can you tell which machine is best for you?
Quick Overview Best Embroidery Machine
Brother PE770 Embroidery Only Machine
Includes 136 built-in embroidery designs, with back lit LCD screen display
Brother SE400 Sewing and Embroidery
Includes 70 built- in embroidery designs, with automatic thread cutter
Singer XL400 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Includes 125 built-in embroidery designs, SwiftSmart threading
Singer S10 Studio 5.5 Embroidery Machine
55 built-in embroidery designs, automatic needle Threader
Brother PE525 Embroidery Only Machine
Includes 70 built-in embroidery designs, back-lit touch screen LCD
Brother DZ820E Embroidery Only Machine
Includes 136 built-in embroidery designs, two embroidery hoops
Singer XL-550 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
215 built-in embroidery designs, Automatic Thread Cutter
Janome 12000 Embroidery & Sewing
With a 15" embossed stainless steel plate, uses AcuFeed system
Brother PE540D Embroidery Machine
With 35 built-in Disney designs, back-lit touch screen LCD display
Janome 350E Advanced Embroidery Machine
With Backlit LCD Touch Screen, uses Automatic Thread Cutter
Embroidery Machine Reviews
1.Brother PE770 Embroidery Only Machine
Brother PE770 Embroidery Only Machine is a very affordable and user-friendly machine that is definitely worth every penny. It has a big embroidery area which gives you more space for monogramming. You can easily combine different designs with minimal rehooping. It has a backlit display which allows you to view your intricate designs. This machine has a wide variety of built-in designs including floral designs, patterns for quilts, border designs, frame shapes and a lot more. You can also import designs using a USB stick or a memory card.You can store more designs because the machine has a large memory. It has a built-in software which you can use for editing designs such as rotating, changing the size and others.
- With built-in memory, memory card slot and USB port.
- Includes 136 designs and 6 lettering fonts.
- It has a large embroidery area which measures 5×7″.
- Uses auto needle threader, auto thread cutter and LCD touch screen.
- It is compatible to use with iBroidery.com.
- It is very easy to use.
- The stitch quality is excellent.
- Winding the bobbin can be a bit difficult.
- Hoop is of low quality and difficult to fit on the machine.
- It has only a few options for editing.
- The screen display is black and white.
2. Brother SE400 Combo Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Brother SE400 Combo Sewing and Embroidery Machine is very versatile. This product is designed for individuals with a creative mind. Aside from sewing, this machine can also be used for quilting and embroidery. This is the best choice for people who are on a budget and want a high-end product that is truly unique. It’s embroidery area measures 4×4″. You can use the LCD touch-screen in selecting your options. You can use the USB port when connecting to a PC. This model is perfect for beginners who want to sew and at the same time want to experiment with embroidery. SE400 is an excellent machine for people who have little knowledge about embroidery.
- Includes 67 unique stitches with 98 stitch functions.
- It has 120 frame patterns, 70 designs plus 5 lettering fonts.
- This machine is compatible with iBroidery.com.
- It comes with an auto needle threader, auto thread cutter, and built-in tutorials.
- Embroidery designs can be rotated and modified via the LCD screen.
- With 4×4″ hoop, you can only do limited projects.
- Connecting to a MAC requires additional software.
- The needles included are of low quality.
3. Singer XL400 Combo Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Singer XL400 Combo Sewing and Embroidery Machine is very much the same with BrotherSE400, however, this machine has a larger embroidery area. If you have a bigger budget and larger projects then this is the best option. For less than $600, you can have a sewing machine and an embroidery machine at the same time. It allows you to create large embroidery designs that have a measurement of 12×20″. It is the best embroidery machine for monogramming because it has a larger embroidery area. The LED lights can brighten the work area to let you work smoothly.
- Uses SwiftSmart threading system and Drop & Sew bobbin system.
- It has auto needle threader, multi-hooping ability, and built-in tutorials.
- This machine has 2 auto 1-step buttonholes.
- It is very easy to set up.
- The embroidery software can read various file types.
- This machine is not suitable for beginners.
- The hoops can break easily because it is made of plastic.
- It has a smaller LCD screen and the area for foot change is also small.
4. Singer S10 Studio 5.5 Embroidery Machine
Singer S10 Studio 5.5 Embroidery Machine has the best price with excellent features. It’s the best deal that you can have. It comes with the greatest accessory kit including a CD that contains 2800 designs. If you want more you can download designs via the USB port. This machine is an embroidery machine only, which means that it is not suitable for advanced sewers. It’s embroidery area measures 5.5×5.5″. With this machine, there is no limit in customization such as rotating, repeating patterns, mirror imaging, and others.
- Includes 55 built-in embroidery designs with 3 lettering fonts and 18 border designs.
- It has a larger work area for its price.
- Editing will be done on the machine and not on the PC.
- The built-in memory can save up to 100 designs.
- Uses automatic needle threader, drop-in bobbin, automatic presser foot sensor and others.
- It has a lighted LCD touchscreen display.
- With 2 hoops – 5.5×5.5″ and 2×2″.
- It has a big learning curve for beginners.
- This machine has a loud sound.
- The software is not reliable.
5. Brother PE525 Embroidery Only Machine
Brother PE525 Embroidery Only Machine is specifically created for beginners. If you are looking to try your hand at embroidery without spending too much then this is the best option. It is an entry-level machine that is very easy to use. The bright lights can let you do your thing effectively. It is easier to transport since it only weighs 22 pounds.
- Includes 70 embroidery designs with 5 lettering fonts.
- This machine is compatible with iBroidery.com.
- It comes with a starter kit and accessories so you can start right away.
- Uses efficient bobbin winding system, built-in tutorials, and auto needle threader.
- The embroidery area which is 4×4″ is a bit smaller.
- This machine can only save up to 12 uploaded designs.
6. Brother Designio Series DZ820E Embroidery Only Machine
Brother Designio Series DZ820E Embroidery Only Machine is the best option if you want more creativity. You will get everything you need is you like to experiment with the different designs and styles. It comes with a CD that has more than 200 design patterns. One of the best features of this machine is its design guides and built-in tutorials which can provide you with an ultimate embroidery experience. The back-lit LCD touch screen display can help you in accomplishing your work effectively.
- Includes 2 embroidery hoops – 4×4″ and 2.5×1″
- There are 136 built-in designs (120 design frames and 6 lettering fonts) to choose from.
- Uses advanced easy needle threading system.
- This machine has a USB port.
7. Singer XL-550 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
Singer XL-550 Sewing and Embroidery Machine uses the SwiftSmart threading system. Not all high-end embroidery machines are using this system. It has more space for large objects such as quilts. One of the standout features of this machine is the AutoPunch Software. With this software, you can turn images, logos, and clip arts into embroidery designs.
- It comes with 215 built-in stitches.
- There are 125 built-in embroidery designs to choose from.
- The Automatic Electronic Thread Cutter will automatically cut the top and bobbin thread.
- The needles can easily break.
8. Janome 12000 Embroidery & Sewing Machine
The Janome 12000 Embroidery & Sewing Machine Combo is the best product for all your sewing and embroidery projects since it uses advanced Horizon Link technology. It has spacious embroidery area which is great for your large projects.
- It is best for quilting and large sewing and embroidery projects.
- This is a high-quality machine that is produced in Japan
- An industrial grade machine that can last longer.
9. Brother PE540D Embroidery Machine
The greatest feature of Brother PE540D Embroidery Machine is its 35 Disney designs. Its LCD screen display is very user-friendly. For more designs, you can connect to iBroidery.com. The LED bulb can let you see your work. The embroidery area measures 4×4″.
- Includes 105 built-in designs with 5 lettering fonts and 120 frame patterns.
- It has on-screen help tutorials so there’s no need to scan the user’s manual in case you need some help.
- It comes with a USB port, built-in memory, and card slot.
- Uses automatic needle threader and automatic thread cutter.
- With back-lit LCD touch screen display.
10. Janome 350E Embroidery Machine
Janome 350E Embroidery Machine is best for garments, home decors, accessories, and others. This is a classic machine that is best for home and business use. The large hoop size can help you in accomplishing your embroidery projects easily and quickly. It has a back-lit LCD touchscreen display for your convenience.
- It comes with 2 hoops – 5×4.5″ and 5.5×7.9″.
- Includes 100 built-in embroidery designs.
- Uses automatic thread cutter.
- Designs can be rotated and resized.
Highly Recommended Embroidery Threads
1. 63 Brother Colors Embroidery Machine Thread
63 Brother Colors Embroidery Machine Thread has beautiful and bright colors which are best for all your embroidery projects. It is made of 100% Polyester with high tenacity and strength. There is only fewer breakage and it is best for fasting. It has a silk-like luster and with a uniform twist. An eco-friendly thread with a very competitive and reasonable price!
2. 40 Spool Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread
40 Spool Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread is suitable for Brother, Singer, Janome, Pfaff, Bernina and other machines. Each thread is 500m in length and made of 100% polyester. This thread has a high sheen with excellent color fastness and tensile strength. It is a high-performance thread that is suitable for sophisticated computerized sewing and embroidery machines. It can fit any cartridge style thread holders that are used in most machines. This set is conveniently packed in a box for easy storage and also a perfect gift to give.
How To Choose The Best Embroidery Machine
If you want to buy a high-quality embroidery machine then be sure that it has autopilot functions and automatic thread tension. Check if the machine is reliable when it comes to offering consistent tension and speeds. It would be great if the machine uses a simpler process such as having a top loading bobbin and uses a color-coded threading. Since embroidery requires a lot of thread then you need to wind the bobbin and sew at the same time.
The best embroidery machine must have a larger embroidery frame so that you can work on larger projects. A machine with 4×4″ frame can let you make amazing quilts. There are also some machines which can let you combine these quilts after embroidering them. An ideal embroidery machine can let you access additional designs aside from the built-in designs and lettering fonts. You can download these designs either for free or for a minimal amount. You can upload them directly to the machine and customize them in order to obtain the results that you want. Use our embroidery machine reviews in finding the best features that can meet your needs so you won’t have any regrets on the sewing machine that you choose! Are you ready to explore the embroidery world?