Birthdays are annual celebrations that everyone looks forward to. In every house, culture and country, birthdays are celebrated with much fervor and gusto. Young kids are impatient for every birthday because they want to grow older quickly. Teenagers look forward to growing up even more. As adults, people enjoy certain birthdays, but eventually some are a little worried and unhappy about growing older each year. But no matter which birthday you may celebrate, the philosophy “age is just a number” holds true. Every decade is as special as the last one. The 60th birthday has special significance in many cultures.
For many people, 60 is the age at which people retire after a long and often monotonous career and look forward to doing things they missed out on, or to spending time with friends and family. 60th birthday celebrations must in fact be larger than life and set an example of how one must enjoy every new year.
Why Should You Send 60th Birthday Wishes?
Birthday celebrations have a unique significance in every country and many customs are associated with them.
Importance of the 60th Birthday in Different Cultures
Turning 60 marks the onset of your golden era. This golden era has a different meaning for everyone. For some people it means spending time with their grandkids; for others, it is time connect with your old friends.
The 60th birthday has special importance in Chinese culture. Chinese people believe that when a person completes 60 years of age, he/she has completed a full life cycle and is about to begin a new one from 61. Traditional Chinese calendars had 60 year cycles, so at the end of 60 years a new calendar began. Hence, grand celebrations with special food and gifts are planned for the 60th birthday. Some Chinese only celebrate the 1st, 10th, 60th, 70th and 80th birthdays.
In Japan, the 60th birthday is known as “Kanreki”. The celebrations are similar to those in China, and the person whose birthday is being celebrated wears red. In Korea, 60th birthdays are called “Hwan-gap” and banquets are organized. Guests sit at the banquet table in order of age.
The age of 60 represents seniority in most countries. Although many people are very active and even continue working after the age of 60, it is nevertheless considered a huge milestone in life and celebrated in a big way.
With the 60th birthday having so much importance across the world, it is definitely a must for you to send 60th birthday wishes to all your friends, relatives and colleagues turning 60.
Benefits of 60th Birthday Wishes
Some people find that as your age increases, your social circle becomes smaller. Though this may not be true for everybody, you find evidence of the same when you notice school friends growing apart as they move for studies or work, neighbors moving and losing touch, or old colleagues lost when you change jobs. With a busy life, hardly anybody has time to look up 60-year-olds.
Birthday wishes make anybody feel special, but wishing someone on their 60th birthday is very important. On the one hand, the person has reached an important milestone. At the same time, their social circle may have shrunk, making it all the more important that you remember their big day.
While 60 is a big year for the birthday boy/girl, wishing "Happy Birthday" to someone is beneficial for you too.
Wishing someone "Happy Birthday" on their birthday generates a feel-good factor in you and makes you more productive.
Birthday messages ensure you use positive words and thoughts. Positive thinking has a calming effect on your mind, reducing stress levels.
Birthday wishes call for gratitude towards those who took the time and efforts to send wishes. Their positive thoughts make you send positive messages thanking everybody. Also, you tend to remember the people who wished you. That makes you remember to send wishes on their birthday too, keeping the positivity circulating in your social circle.
Wishing people "Happy Birthday" and being present with them to celebrate it creates a sense of security among family and friends. It reassures everyone that you care for others and that they must be there for you too.
Even if you have reminders and calendars that don't allow you to forget birthdays anymore, the fact that you wish someone "Happy Birthday" without fail makes you pat yourself on the back; especially when you are among the first few to do it. It is all the more special when you take the effort to wish someone happy birthday across time-zones, in a different country or despite your busy schedule.
Twenty 60th Birthday Wishes
To wish a person on his/her special day, you must remind him/her of the achievements so far, the people they brought together, the joys shared, the memories formed and the bond that you cherish.
While some people do not like celebrating after a certain age because it makes them feel old, not everybody cries about 60. So make sure your wishes are always positive, with a touch of humor that makes the recipient feel good about reaching this milestone and looking forward to the next decade.
Here are some of the best 60th birthday wishes that can make your friend, colleague, relative or teacher feel special and always keep you in their mind.
- 1All these years you have accumulated happiness, wisdom and love. So cherish it in the time to come as well. Happy 60th birthday to you!
- 2It is just an age. It does not matter. What matters is how you feel from your heart. Wishing you a wonderful start. Happy 60th birthday!
- 3Be proud of those wrinkles on your faceBe proud that you have that graceAfter 60 years of happiness in life
Say Goodbye to your strive
Enjoy and make more memories that define your life.
- 4With Age you have Gained WisdomYou Have Gained Memories AlikeEnjoy this day with your family and friendsBecause your heart is still childlikeHave a fabulous day; this is my wish for youOn this special day of yoursHappy 60th birthday to you!
- 5At 60, let go of the past, seize the present and take hold of the future. It's never too late to be happier. Happy birthday!
- 6Your mind may tell you you're 60 but your heart and soul say otherwise. Happy Birthday to the youngest 60-year-old I know!
- 7Yes, you've lived an incredible six decades. May the next six be just as incredible. Happy birthday!
- 8Even if your body may prove you wrong from time to time, you're still as young as you feel. You must feel great!
- 9Congrats on turning 60. Don't turn so fast though- you may hurt your back.
- 10There's no running away from the fact that you're 60. Besides, running is for the younger folks now.
- 11When I turn 60, I hope I am as happy, healthy and successful as you are. Happy birthday!
- 12Happy 60th birthday. Hope you continue to live life to the fullest- in good spirits, good health and good times.
- 13Turning 60 may add wrinkles to your face, dark circles under your eyes and pounds to your tummy, but it will never take away your beautiful outlook on life and that's what counts. Happy birthday.
- 14Remember- a happy, healthy and wise person at 60 is better off than a sad sack at 30.
- 15You're not 60 years old. You are 60 years of vintage goodness, all rolled up into one amazing person.
- 16May your laughter fill the party and continue to lift the spirits of others for many more years. Happy birthday.
- 17May you take out time to reflect on the amazing life that you have led. May you look to the tomorrow with a smile on your face.
- 18May this milestone in your life find you in high spirits and ready to celebrate with the people who truly love you. Happy birthday!
- 19May everything that occurs today be as unique and memorable as you are. May this birthday surpass your previous ones.
- 20May all that you envision come true. Continue your journey of self-growth and fulfillment. Happy birthday!
Birthday wishes are not just a few words you string together and send across to somebody. If you take time to pen down your personal thoughts, wish the person the best of health, happiness, growth and peace and include what the person's significance has been in your life, it will make the receiver feel special. People at 60 love celebrating with their near and dear ones as it makes them feel complete and proud of their family. There is also a little apprehension about the next few years and the birthdays to come in old age. Send your loved ones 60th birthday wishes without fail. It will make their day unforgettable.
Featured Image: Image via Flickr
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.