Wedding wishes can make anyone happy. By sending the wedding celebrants, the bride and the groom, some happy wedding wishes, greetings, or messages, it can make them feel how happy you are for them on this special day of theirs.
Do you have some difficulty with what to write on a wedding card? Wedding wishes and greetings are used to express or extend your congratulations to the bride and groom. Some may be romantic, some may be funny, and some may be inspirational. We have collected here some of the best wedding wishes, greetings, and messages that you can find on the internet. Use them and share them with people whom you know that are now going to tie the knot.
Here are the 112 Happy Wedding Wishes on a Card that we have prepared just for you.
112 Happy Wedding Wishes on a Card
1. I’m seeing a fun-filled life in your future. Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
2. Wishing you the very best on your wedding day, your honeymoon, and all the happy years to come.
3. Congratulations! Always cherish the love you have for each other and never let it fade away. Accept my heartiest wedding wishes for you!
4. Today we add another family member to the tree, and we couldn’t be happier.
5. Thank you for allowing us to bear witness to a beautiful love and this sacred moment in your lives. May God bless this union.
6. Best wishes to the bride and groom. I hope your love for one other becomes stronger with each passing year.
7. “Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.”
8. We could not be more thrilled to celebrate your marriage. Congratulations.
9. May God grant you blessings of untold happiness and joy. May you love each other and cherish one another forever.
10. May you bring each other as much happiness and friendship as you’ve brought me. Congratulations to the happy couple.
11. Thanks for inviting us/me to eat and drink while you get married. Congrats!
12. May God always guide you to lead a married life full of love, compassion, and purity. May you both find true happiness in the prayers!
13. It seems like yesterday we were playing ‘house’ in the backyard, and now you get to do it in real life. I couldn’t be happier for you both.
14. As you lift your glasses to each other tonight, I lift mine to you both from afar. Here’s to a truly amazing couple and to a marriage filled with every happiness.
15. So happy to support you on one of the best days of your life. Wishing you both all the love and happiness in the world.
16. May the love that joins you together only become stronger in the coming years of your life. May you have a prosperous life ahead!
17. As your friend, it is truly my pleasure to celebrate the both of you today. Your marriage makes the world a better place.
18. Two beautiful hearts joining together with a promise of never letting go of each other. Take my warm wishes of lifetime happiness, joy, and prosperity for you!
19. It’s a new life and new journey that you both have vowed to continue together. May God bless you and guide you in the right way!
20. May the love that joins you together only become stronger in the coming years of your life. May you have a prosperous life ahead!
21. So happy to share this start of your wonderful journey with you both as your build your new lives together. May your beautiful marriage be full of everlasting joy.
22. Watching you together is like catching a sunrise—I’m witnessing the start of something beautiful. Thanks for letting me be here with you.
23. Thanks for the free booze. Best wishes on a long, happy marriage!
24. The two of you are a blessing not only to each other but to all those around you. Your love ripples out into the world and inspires your friends, family, and community. We are so happy for you and look forward to watching you grow in love as a couple.
25. Warmest wishes on your big day and as you start a new chapter of life and love together. May Allah grant you wisdom, blessings, and happiness.
26. Congrats. May you have the wedding you’ve always dreamed of and more.
27. Thank you for letting us share in the celebration. Welcome to the family!
28. Wishing you two all the happiness and love. Here’s to you!
29. Wishing you both lots of joy and happiness on your wedding day. May it be the start of a wonderful and exciting life together. Lots of love.
30. The most important four words for a successful marriage: ‘Yes dear you’re right.’
31. Your marriage honors God and brings so much joy to the friends and family celebrating with you!
32. When God brings two people together in marriage, the world becomes a more beautiful place for everyone.
33. Feeling so much joy for the two of you as you join your lives in marriage!
34. May your wedding be filled with special memories you can treasure forever!
35.When two good people fall in love and marry, the whole community has so much to celebrate.
36. Seeing you two make promises and step forward into the future is so inspiring and wonderful.
37. Today is just the beginning of the fun! Looking forward to celebrating this season with you.
38. Thank you for letting us share in your special day. We wish you all the happiness in the world.
39. Through the storms of life, may your love for one another be steadfast and strong. Wishing you joy and happiness on your wedding day.
40. Hope you’ll always find yourselves as much in love as you are today.
41. I just know life has even more wonderful things in store than the happiness you share today. May every day be beautiful and happy for you as a couple.
42. I hope through the years you become even better friends and share every possible kind of happiness life can bring.
43. You two make this ‘love and marriage’ thing almost seem worth trying.
44. Time flies and things change, but I wish that your love for each other would stay unchangeable.
45. May your love grow stronger each and every passing year.
46. May today mark the first of the rest of your life, filled with love and fellowship.
47. Here’s to a long, happy life with the one you love. Wishing you the best.
48. Seeing you two make promises and step forward into the future is so inspiring and wonderful.
49. It means so much to witness the joy of your wedding day. Congratulations to you both on finding the perfect person to share all your days with.
50. Wishing you happiness, love, and joy on your wedding day.
51. I’m seeing a fun-filled life in your future. Congratulations!
52. Let love be the focal point of your daily life. May you find hope, peace, and faith in each other’s arms.
53. May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever.
54. May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.
55. Congratulations on finding each other! Your greatest adventure has just begun.
56. We hope you can feel all the happiness surrounding you on your wedding day!
57. Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life. Cheers!
58. If ever two people deserved a sweet, meaningful, joyful wedding day, it’s the two of you.
59. Best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.
60. I hope through the years you become even better friends and share every possible kind of happiness life can bring.
61. May the good times and treasures of the present become golden memories of…
62. You both are too good! Best wishes on becoming double from single! Glad to…
63. May the bond of your love be strengthened at all times. Keep the faith, love…
64. In the album of love, here’s added the most beautiful picture! A picture of a…
65. The best part of life is sharing yourself with someone you love. Happy Wedding.
66. Congratulations on your wedding! I wish I could have been there. May God…
67. On this special day of your wedding, wishing you happiness and love like the…
68. Wish I could be there on your special day. Here’s sending you my blessings to…
69. Best wishes for a long and happy married life. Happy Wedding.
70. It’s been wonderful seeing you grow up and today as you are all set for a new…
71. Congratulations of the start of something beautiful.
72. Wishing you the best marriage! May both of you find the happiness and…
73. Congratulations! Together you both look perfect. Wishing you a beautiful…
74. Warm wishes! A special wish for a lovely couple. May the love that blossoms…
75. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together and a love that grows stronger…
76. I congratulate you both for your love and togetherness, and wish you peaceful…
77. A toast to love and laughter and a ‘happily ever after’! Congratulations to both…
78. Wish you both a very happy wedding. In married life, love spreads everywhere.
79. Congratulations! For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way.
80. May everyday in your new job be rich, rewarding and kind. And may there be…
81. May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your…
82. Sorry for being late but I guess it is better late than never. Congratulations on…
83. Accept our best wishes for the wedding!
84. I congratulate you on your wedding and wish you half of the most beautiful…
85. Have a happy wedding! Best of luck for the life ahead.
86. For the match made in heaven! Have a happy wedded life!
87. Our wish for you… Peace, Love, and Joy. Thank you so much for sharing…
88. Happy days are to stay forever just because you are together and brighter…
89. Life is full of new beginnings and as you make one together, here’s a wishing…
90. Wishing you a lifetime of joy as you celebrate your wedding day.
91. Wishing you love, luck and happiness to last you today, tomorrow and ever…
92. We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone…
93. On such a beautiful occasion, when your two souls unite, may your love and…
94. Sincerely wishing you both a joyous lifetime that brings the very best way…
95. Wishing you both a lifetime of everlasting love and happiness!
96. A long way to go. Wishing you a flowery path. Happy wedding.
97. May your dawns greet you with hope, your night bring you warmth, your…
98. Congratulations! Have a happy married life. May you both love each other…
99. Being husband and wife is one of the strongest and lovely relation on earth.
100. When two people are at one in their inmost hearts, they shatter even the…
101. Wishing you a wonderful life together as husband and wife. May your…
102. May each new day fine your hearts a little closer, your lives a little fuller, and…
103. Love each other till the end, enjoy your life with love, be happy and give the…
104. Happy married life! Congratulations on the most important union of your life!
105. Love always binds two hearts in perfect unity. Love is the foundation of any…
106. Wedding wishes for a special couple! May the coming years fill your life with…
107. All the best! Celebrate love…
108. Congratulations on your wedding! May your marriage be blessed with love, joy…
109. As you venture into a new journey of life holding each other’s hands with…
110. Happy married life! Congratulations.
111. May God give you all blessings and happiness. Be together and love each…
112. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
Facts About Weddings
Weddings are almost as old as mankind
The first recorded evidence of marriage ceremonies uniting one woman and one mandate from about 2350 B.C., in Mesopotamia. Over the next couple of years, marriage became some sort of an unofficial institution, being embraced by Greeks, Hebrews, and even Romans.
It was not always about love, however
The main goal of marriage was to bind a man to a woman and thus guarantee that the woman’s children were truly the man’s biological children and not some other man’s offspring. Women would become men’s property through marriage, and one great example of this comes from ancient Greece, where a father would hand over his daughter to the groom by saying the following words: “I pledge my daughter for the purpose of producing legitimate offspring.”
But that wasn’t the only downside for women
If you thought that was the only sad part of marriage for women, you’re greatly mistaken. Married Greeks and Romans were free to perform sexual acts on other women, including concubines and prostitutes, but also with other men if they so desired. As for Hebrews, they were allowed to take several wives if they so desired. As for women, well, they were required to stay at home and perform the usual household chores. And God forbid if a woman would ever fail to produce offspring, as the punishments could be severe sometimes. But, fortunately, most times they would simply go back to their original family and the man would marry another woman.
When did religion become involved?
The Catholic and Orthodox churches would become greatly involved in marriage around the 8th century A.D. From there onwards, marriage was viewed as something sacred and it could not be broken anymore, especially not for superficial reasons. At the Council of Trent in 1563, the sacramental nature of marriage was written into canon law.
When attending a wedding, it is always appropriate to send warm wishes to the couple by congratulating them and wishing them luck in their future. A simple letter, note, or a matching watch for the couple can be a nice way to congratulate them on their marriage even if you cannot attend the festivities. Whether the couple is a friend of yours, relatives, neighbors, or co-workers, it would really be nice if you would give them some messages or greetings even if not personally thru these wedding wishes or greetings on cards.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading the 52 Happy Wedding Wishes on Cards and you have chosen some of them to share with people you know. You might also be interested in reading the 52 Beautiful Merry Christmas Pictures to Share. Feel free to share them with your friends and acquaintances on Facebook and other social media sites.