We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Everyone would love to eat something that will make them feel refreshed especially on a sunny weather and at the same time, satisfy their sweet tooth. Food that when shared over meals, brings friends and family closer and more intimate with one another. Having an ice cream or a cake in a dessert table serves all of those objectives. But combining these two desserts into one is such a brilliant idea and a perfect way to end a meal.
Ice cream cake is perfect for any age, often served when there are special occasions. It is simply a cake that incorporates an ice cream. Sometimes, it may be hard to find one around us but the good news is- it is incredibly easy to pull off with a personalized homemade ice-cream cake if you have all the ingredients with you. These three ice-cream cakes recipes will surely captivate anyone’s heart.
Homemade Ice Cream Cakes Recipe
Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate fudge topping
- 6 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 cups malted milk ball candies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup whipping heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour side and bottom of 9×3 inches springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Put water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla in the mixture. Stir well and pour into pan.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Put on 1 cup fudge topping over cake; freeze about 1 hour or until topping is firm.
- In another bowl, mix ice cream and chopped candies; spread over cake. Freeze until ice cream is firm.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Top with whipped cream. Melt 1/4 cup fudge topping; drizzle over whipped cream.
Easy Ice Cream Recipe
White Chocolate-Cherry Chip Ice Cream Cake
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups chocolate-cherry chip ice cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package (6 oz) white chocolate bars, chopped
- ¼ cup hot fudge topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour side and bottom of 13×9 inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil and egg whites. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until mixture becomes thick. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes and test if the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Meanwhile, put ice cream in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to soften.
- Cut cake into 1-inch squares with serrated knife. In a large bowl, stir ice cream until very soft. Add cake squares until well coated. Put back into the pan. Smooth top. Freeze for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile, heat whipping cream in a saucepan but do not boil. Stir in chopped white chocolate until smooth. Pour mixture into small bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours. After, beat mixture on high speed until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat or mixture will look curdled. Spread over ice cream cake.
- In a microwavable container, place hot fudge topping. Heat in microwave until it becomes smooth. Pour in squeeze bag and drizzle topping over cake. Serve immediately, or cover and freeze.
Ice Cream Cakes with Cookies
Peanutty Ice Cream Cookie Cake
- 1 pouch (1.5 oz) double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1/3 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup caramel topping
- 1 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, allotting 2 inches of the foil overhanging sides of the pan. Lightly grease sides and bottom of foil.
- In a large bowl, blend cookie mix, 2 tablespoons of hot fudge topping, egg and oil until soft dough develops. Press dough 1 inch high in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top of the crust is no longer shiny. Cool completely.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze for 2 hours. Drizzle with caramel topping and remaining hot fudge topping. If caramel and hot fudge toppings are too thick, place in separate bowls and microwave each on high until of drizzling consistency. Sprinkle peanuts on top. Freeze until cake becomes firm. Cut into squares, then serve.
Ice Cream Cakes – the Best Dessert for Kids and Adults
Economically, making an ice cream cake from scratch is not entirely a good deal and requires patience since this is time-consuming. But still, doing so gives that special feeling of fulfillment and makes this dessert more special and extraordinary with one’s own personal touch. Experience the best of both worlds by doing these recipes at home and enjoy sharing it with your loved ones.
Now if you are into baking, you might want to check these cute Frozen and breathtakingly beautiful birthday cakes. Your family will surely enjoy eye-catching cakes on your special day. You can also bake these for your loved ones as gifts, instead of giving them new clothes or shoes.