When you want to plan a special day for your husband’s birthday, you might not know where to begin or if he would like to celebrate. Rest assured; husbands appreciate the effort put into birthday plans. Read on to learn about planning for your husband’s birthday. At the end, we’ll provide ideas for the top 10 happy birthday husband wishes to insert into a greeting card.
Why You Should Make Your Husband Feel Special on His Birthday
When a relationship begins and sparks are flying, it’s a given you will make your boyfriend feel extra special on his birthday. Often as we grow together and join in the union of marriage, the initial fire-like sparks morph into something that resembles something more rock-like.
Marriage is stable and secure; it’s calmer than those initial days of dating. It’s multifaceted and filled with bits of sparkle and, at times, dull bits. These are some of the finest qualities of marriage, yet this sometimes means we invest less time in those happy birthday husband plans that once made our partner feel special.
All the above is doubly true when children are added to the relationship. Sometimes we can get so wrapped up caring for the kids, the practices, dinner, cleaning, and work, we end up neglecting the little things that make our husband feel like the king he is.
Even if your husband acts like he doesn’t care about his birthday, he will feel special when you make an effort to celebrate. Making an effort doesn’t require a lot of planning or money. In fact, some of the most memorable birthdays are created from showing gratitude and appreciation, rather than forking over a lot of money for a gift.
Making your husband feel special on his birthday is just as much about remembering who he once was as it is about remembering who you once were. Although life has a way of changing, there are often still lingering aspects of ourselves that crave acknowledgement. By connecting with what connected you to your husband in the beginning, you can help your husband have a special birthday. You can also let him know how important he is to you.
Celebration & Gift Ideas
Image via Pexels
Here we will discuss some of the best happy birthday husband celebration and gift ideas that are sure to make your husband know how loved he truly is.
Happy Birthday Husband Celebration Ideas
When planning a happy birthday husband celebration, you’ll need to put your personal celebration ideas aside and focus on what your husband would want. Here we’ll discuss some of the most popular happy birthday husband celebration ideas.
Give Him a Day Off
According to a Facebook survey that asked married men with children how they’d most like to celebrate their birthday, most men replied that they’d enjoy a solo wellness day. The men didn’t call it that, but what they want is the equivalent. Men want to have a day off from the family for their birthday. In this time, they want to partake in activities they have little time for anymore.
It may be difficult to understand why your husband wouldn’t want to spend time with you and the family for his birthday, but try to put yourself in his shoes. Would you enjoy a day off for your birthday? By suggesting your husband take a hooky day from the routine, you are showing your love, trust, and support for his well-being and wishes.
Many fathers want to spend quality time with their older children. What they do together will depend on the activities your husband and older child or children enjoy. Having a daddy day strengthens the bond between your child and husband. It should be encouraged. By setting the scene for this to happen, your husband will understand how much you care.
Let Him Pick Dinner
Another top requested happy birthday husband celebration idea from married fathers is to eat at their favorite restaurant. On your husband’s special day, let him pick the type of food and the restaurant everyone will eat at. If your husband likes cuisine that isn’t popular with the kids, let your kids know in advance that there will be options for them to avoid any confusion on the big day.
Happy Birthday Husband Gifts
Image via Pexels
Husbands are notoriously difficult to shop for. They rarely make any specific requests, and they might act dismissive when asked what they want. This doesn’t mean that they won’t appreciate a birthday gift.
Learn the Art of Gift Giving
Good gift giving is a skill we all possess, but it takes a little practice to master. Start by imagining how you’d want someone to pick a gift for you. You’d want them to listen to what you say, understand your needs, and hone in on your personal interests, right? The same equation applies for selecting a great happy birthday husband gift.
Consider His Interests
Giving a generic gift downplays the love and appreciation you have for your husband. Unless your husband has a passion for ties or coffee mugs, don’t waste the gesture by giving these gifts. Think about what your husband truly enjoys and start your gift search from there.
The gift you select for your husband has the power to make him feel like the only man in the world. Sometimes the best gifts aren’t material. Breakfast in bed, a special meal, a massage, surprise sticky notes, adult’s only high-quality alone time, or the opportunity for rest and relaxation are all on the gift giving table for your husband’s birthday.
40 Happy Birthday Husband Wishes
Objects can break or lose value, but meaningful memories are some of the most enduring and rewarding elements of life. Greeting cards offer a way for you to provide a caption for the perfect day you have planned for your husband. Because cards are small, they are easily savable. When writing your happy birthday husband card, write something that is worth preserving.
Too often people don’t write how they truly feel in cards because they mistakenly think it doesn’t matter. This is especially true for happy birthday husband messages. Just because he’s your husband and knows you love him doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t feel special receiving written confirmation of this on his birthday.
There is something different about receiving birthday wishes in ink. The card is something small and physical that your husband can return to years later to remember you and the amazing times you’ve spent together.
Here we’ll offer suggestions for the top 10 happy birthday husband wishes to write in a card. We’d suggest that you take this list as inspiration for creating a unique message to your husband that expresses how you feel.
1. Life is so precious and should be treasured. I treasure every moment with you and I’m so grateful for another year to spend with you.
2. You really are too good to be true. My life wouldn’t be the same without you. So, here’s to you! To your brilliance, your kindness, your strength, and your everlasting charm-I love you so much. Happiest of birthdays, my love!
3. Happy Birthday. To my amazing husband, who never ceases to amaze me. Thank you for who you are, and all that you do. I love you!
4. To have you as a husband and make you the father of my children is the best decision I have made in my life. I love you, hubby. Thank you for making me feel like the best version of myself every single day. I hope that you have the happiest and most unforgettable birthday!
5. Whenever I’m having a bad day, I know that I can count on your love and affection to cheer me up. You make me feel special every day. Today, I want to take the opportunity to make you feel extra special.
6. You have shown me what it means to have the perfect marriage. Happy birthday to the best, most understanding and loving husband on earth!
7. You are so smart, loving, handsome and of course hot! You have all the qualities that every woman wants in their husband. I’m so lucky that I’ve found you as my life partner. Happy birthday darling.
8. It seems that without your presence the worth of my life would have been nothing. All these years we passed were amazing. Best birthday to my lovely husband.
9. You are more than charming or handsome. You have integrity, strength and compassion. Happy Birthday, my husband. I am proud to be your wife.
10. I cannot feel the warmth from the sun if I didn’t wake up next to you. Happy birthday, love!
11. You will always remain to be my greatest achievement in life. You’ve always been the man of my dream. I’m thankful to God for having you.
12. To The Wonderful Man I Love, Happy Birthday. I never knew what soulmate meant until I met you.
13. Happy birthday to my one-of-a-kind husband, making my life so colorful, exciting and passionate. Love you!
14. You are a great father and a loving husband, but most importantly, a man who keeps the promises he makes. Happy birthday.
15. Dear husband, words to describe you: Wonderful, amazing, unique, incomparable, handsome, strong, incredible. I could go on forever. Wishing you a blessed birthday!
16. Happy birthday to the most loving, caring and kind-hearted husband in the world. May you live a thousand year more and continue loving me for the rest of your life!
17. Happy birthday to my perfect husband, bringing so much joy and laughter into my life. May all your deepest dreams start coming true, honey!
18. Wishing wonderful birthday to the most caring and funniest man in the world. You are incredibly loving and supportive. I’m so lucky that you are my husband.
19. Happy birthday to the most kind-hearted and thoughtful husband alive. Loving you is always easy.
20. Wine gets sour with age but love of my husband becomes sweeter. Our love grows more every day and every seconds.
21. The secret to a happy marriage can be just defined with only one word – you. It’s because having a husband like you makes marriage seem so easy.
22. Let’s celebrate your birthday like we used to when we were teenagers. Let’s drink under the stars, party late night and tickle each other until we can laugh no more. Wishing you a fantastic Happy Birthday, dear hubby.
23. Happy Birthday. Each year that passes is another opportunity for me to let you know what an amazing husband you are!
24. I love your birthdays because it gives me another chance to tell you how much I love and appreciate you. I love you forever and always, husband!
25. The sun won’t shine if I am not with you. The days are long when you’re not close to me. I am hopeless and scared when I don’t feel your touch. You are my husband I will always love. Today darling, you deserve the best birthday ever! Love you to the moon and back.
26. With you beside me every night, I feel safe and very energetic. You are the most amazing person on earth. Happy birthday, love!
27. Whenever I think of how lucky I am to have a handsome, charming, lovable, cute and hot guy like you as my husband, I feel like a teenager again. Could any girl ask for more? I’m going to make sure that you have the wildest and happiest birthday ever! Happy birthday.
28. To the most awesome, wonderful, outrageously funny, courageous, handsome and great hubby you are. Have an awesome birthday!
29. To My Wonderful Husband, Happy Birthday. You deserve the best of everything, and hope you’ll have it, too, beginning with a birthday that is just as wonderful as you!
30. There’s a whole lot of love, and a great big kiss too, in this birthday greeting dear hubby that’s coming to you!
31. Every day I thank my lucky stars we found each other. For every falling star that fell before we met, I wished for you. Thank you for being in my life. Thank you for all you are. Thank you for all that you do. Happy Birthday!
32. Happy birthday to you, my superhero, my lover, and my confidant. You make every day an adventure through your strength and courage. I love and appreciate you so much.
33. You are my rock and my fire. You are my beloved best friend. You are everything to me and I love you always. Happy Birthday!
34. You are perfect for me exactly the way you are. I love your voice and the sound of your laughter. I love you for you and always will. Have a wonderful birthday!
35. This card is filled with hugs and kisses to carry you through your day. There are plenty more where these came from! I can’t wait to give them to you. Happy Birthday, dreamboat!
36. The best memories of my life were created with you. You are fun, supportive, strong, loving, and kind. You make living and loving the most incredible adventure. Here’s to many more memories to come. Happy Birthday Husband!
37. Everything is better when you are around. You are a bright light and the best part of my life. Everyday I love you more and more. Have the most wonderful birthday dear one.
38. I looked “safety” up in the dictionary this morning and I saw a picture of you and your strong arms wrapped around me. You are the master of my universe. Thanks for sharing your life with me. Happy birthday hubby!
39. Happy birthday to the coolest man who has ever lived. I love that after all this time you still find ways to surprise me with your intelligence, power, and loving kindness. You make me a better person. Have a wonderful birthday, love.
40. When I see your face in the morning, I still get butterflies. You are the man of my dreams. I love being your wife. Happy birthday husband.
It’s important to find special ways to celebrate your husband’s birthday even if he acts like it’s not. Celebrating his birthday is another opportunity for the two of you to connect more deeply. By understanding his interests, how he might like to spend his day, and giving him tokens of your love and gratitude, you can make his next birthday unforgettable.