So, it’s time to write a happy 16th birthday message and you want it to be perfect! Maybe you need a little help getting started. Read on for some go to messages that will make the birthday star feel awesome!
How Do You Say Happy Birthday to a 16-Year-Old?
Put It in Writing
Getting a hand-written note (or text or post) with a special message is an important part of having a birthday. When someone you know turns 16, you have the opportunity to let that person know how much you appreciate them. As their family member, friend, or teacher, your words will be a memorable part of a milestone celebration they will never forget!
Put the Writing on a Card…
Receiving cards on your birthday is always nice. It is a go-to, no-fail gesture. Choose a card that is beautiful, funny, or thoughtful. Keep in mind the personality of the birthday star and choose the card you think they would most enjoy.
…Or Get Creative!
Who says your birthday message has to go on a card? Maybe you want to do something fun and surprising. You could try writing the message in their favorite food, or decorating their locker with birthday Post-Its. If you are buying a car as a present, you could write the message on the windshield, or attach it to the keys!
Why It’s Important to Choose the Right Message
People only turn 16 once! How you celebrate your 16th birthday is something you never forget, and many teenagers look forward to their parties for a long time. It’s important to make someone feel confident and loved as they transition from childhood into adulthood. Make the most of this opportunity to let a person know how great they are!
Happy 16th Birthday Messages
4 Sweet Messages
- Happy birthday to one of the nicest, loveliest, sweetest people I know! You are becoming a kind, smart, responsible adult. Congratulations on everything you have achieved and best wishes for your 16th year!
- What’s sweeter than birthday cake? You are! Happy 16th birthday! Enjoy your special celebration and one of the best years of your life. You deserve all the happiness in the world!
- 16 candles will never shine as bright as you! You are a beautiful, radiant star! I wish you so much happiness on your 16th birthday and success in everything you decide to do this year! You are talented, ambitious, and unique. Enjoy all the good things you will experience in life!
- You put the “sweet” in Sweet 16! Really, you are an amazing person and I love you so much! Have a happy birthday and a wonderful year!
4 Funny Messages
- I hope you don’t drive away before you finish reading this card! Happy 16th birthday and good luck getting your license!
- Happy 6th…I mean 16th birthday! Time really flies! I hope you have an amazing year!
- I am sorry to hear that you will be spending your 16th birthday cramming for exams, writing final reports, finishing lab projects, and staying in study hall. It’s really too bad all your friends will have to sing “Happy Birthday”, eat cake, and open your presents without you. Just kidding! Happy birthday! Remember to take time to have fun this year and enjoy your special day!!
- Hey, what’s the difference between a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old? Don’t know? No problem! You have one year to figure it out! Have a happy birthday and enjoy this special time!
4 Messages From Parents
- I can’t believe we’re writing this…happy 16th birthday! It feels like yesterday we were driving you to your first day of school, and now you will soon be able to drive yourself! It has been such a joy to have you in our lives all throughout your childhood. We are so proud of the young adult you are becoming! We love you so much!
- I have said this 15 times before and I will say it again! Happy birthday! I love you so much and I can’t believe what a beautiful, smart, responsible person you are becoming! I hope you have all the joy in the world during your 16th year. I am so lucky to have you as my child!
- Happy 16th birthday to the best child a parent could ask for! From your first words to the day you took your first step to your first day of school, it has been a joy to watch you grow. You are more creative, hard-working, beautiful, and kind than I ever imagined. I am so proud to be your parent and I can’t wait to spend the next year watching you become a young adult! I love you!
- Happy birthday! You have achieved so much in school, on the playing field, and in everything you do! I am extremely proud to have such an amazing child who is becoming a truly amazing adult. It is such a joy to celebrate you on your 16th birthday. I love you!
4 Messages From Friends
- Happy 16th birthday! You are a wonderful person and an amazing friend! I am so happy that I met you. It is always so much fun to hang out together!
- I can’t believe that a moment ago we were playing with dolls and now we’re 16! Happy 16th birthday, friend! You are a beautiful, sweet, nice, funny person. I hope you have an awesome year!
- Happy birthday!!!! You are an awesome friend! I love when we have class together, go to the beach, play sports, help each other with homework, talk about boys, share secrets, help each other choose clothes, and make each other laugh! I hope your 16th birthday is just as amazing as you!
- Happy birthday to one of the greatest guys I know! You are one of my best friends and you are really fun to hang out with! I hope your birthday is awesome! Let’s go party and eat cake!
2 From a Girlfriend
- Happy 16th birthday to my amazing, hot, wonderful boyfriend! I love you so much and I hope you have a great year! I can’t wait to spend it with you!
- Happy birthday! You make me feel amazing and I am so lucky that you are my boyfriend! I have so much fun with you! I hope your 16th year is filled with good grades, good times with our friends and, of course, dates with me! I love you, birthday boy!
2 From a Boyfriend
- Happy 16th birthday to my smart, hot, incredible girlfriend! I love you so much and I hope you have a great year! I can’t wait to take you on a birthday date!
- Happy birthday! You make me feel awesome and I am so lucky that you are my girlfriend! I have so much fun with you! I hope your 16th year is filled with good times at school, winning games, fun with our friends and, of course, dates with me! I love you, birthday girl!
2 Messages From a Teacher
- You have had an amazing year so far. Happy 16th birthday! You are a joy to have in class! Enjoy this time in your life. You are making friends, dreaming about your future, and working towards your goals! Have a very special day and keep up the good work!
- Happy 16th birthday to a wonderful, smart student! I am so proud of how much you have learned and of all the good things you are doing! Remember to work hard and take time to enjoy this special year in your life!
3 From Anyone
- Cars, friends, dates, good grades, good times…sounds like a great year to me! Happy birthday! Remember that 16 is a special time in your life and enjoy every day. You are free to plan your dreams and make them a reality! I wish you tremendous success, happiness, fun, money, and enjoyment! Happy birthday!
- 16 candles means 16 amazing years of you! I hope you have a happy birthday and enjoy everything this year brings you…the surprises, the challenges, and the opportunities! Now go party like you mean it!
- You are 16 now and it’s time to party! Let’s break out the cake, music, laughter, and presents! I can’t think of anyone who deserves to have a great birthday more than you! Enjoy!
Don’t Be Afraid to Get Personal
Any of the messages here will make someone feel good on their birthday, but remember that you are free to modify them as you wish. Think about the birthday star’s hobbies, special talents, interests and unique characteristics. Can you think of something important the person did before turning 16, or something they are looking forward to doing in their 16th year? If you want, you can mention these things in your message.
Celebrating someone on their birthday is a special opportunity to let the person know you care. Have fun sharing your birthday message and being part of the festivities! We hope that you have found the perfect words to express yourself, and that your birthday person has a wonderful 16th year!